Sunday 6 May 2012

Bridges - a journey recorded

In childhood I'd find different ways of making time go by faster when travelling long distances. I found myself doing the same thing on my way to Skye on a university trip with my course. My focus were all the bridges that were going over the motorway. I am a big fan of 'design-hacking' so I am design-hacking the bridges, taking away their use of transportation and using them as a visual tool for time-passage and recording the journey. They are usually taken for granted ( I did it as well until someone close to me whom I was travelling with pointed them out to me). We don't notice the variety in the design and architectural aesthetics. Not only it records the journey, but it also shows the landscape, environment and weather we went through whilst traveling. I will use this as one of the three videos produced as a response to the assignment, and to the trip to Skye. Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment