Tuesday 14 August 2012

Final Project - filming

I started filming on Friday (4 days ago) and I have been filming every day since. Going in at different times in the day, mostly evenings and mornings before work (yawn). Yesterday I started filming at 7:30 am but there were cars in the car park already so today I went at 6:15 and it was completely empty. Beautiful. What I'm going for in terms of filming, I am taking still shots of the space. Wide and narrow. I figured a direction where I'm going..I started thinking about the other projects that I've done during the MA, specifically at the experimental about the sea in Skye and the video of the bridges along the motorway. If the video of the sea was aggressive and chaotic, just as the sea is, I thought that the video of the car park has to be the exact opposite; the car park is still and heavy, and at 6 in the morning or 10 at night it can be quite scary. So the film will consist of long shots of the different angles and elements of the space. I learnt from the video of the bridges how that film portrayed the feeling of the journey, long and not very exciting, so with this film I will portray the wider structures and then details of the space to show the size and feel of it. I recorded some sound separately as well, I'm not sure now what I'll be doing with it, but I am sure that I will be editing it a fair bit. I will be filming again tomorrow, and then Thursday and Friday I managed to get half days of work so I will start editing and see where I go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment