Wednesday 8 August 2012

Final Project - Update

After a lot of deliberations with myself and other people around me I decided to slightly change the idea of the project. Because I struggled so much coming up with a creative idea whilst trying to sort out the logistics of the project, plus working full time at the same time which really doesn't help me think...I reached this stage when I have to change the idea from what I was really enthused about initially. The reason for it is that I know I would be able to do something even though it is so late, but it wouldn't be at the standard that I would like it to be...having this in mind I decided that creating an experimental piece about the space, and how I perceive and how it makes me feel instead of using it as a canvas for my work. Also looking back at this year's experience from the other modules I did, the ones I enjoyed most were the two video pieces I produced from Skye - the bridges one and the experimental one with the sea. What I am doing next is going into the space at different times in the day to get footage and sound. This will be done this week, and next week I will go and start playing around with the footage. As experienced from the experimental pieces from Skye, the ideas came to me once I had all the footage in place and started editing, and experimenting. That process might even help me discover new things about the space through the mediation of it. So at this stage I can't say what I am going to do creatively, or how the film is going to look because that is a secondary process that will evolve within itself whilst doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment