Friday 17 August 2012

Final project - 2nd edit

I just made a second edit with some slight changes. In one of the shots, I managed to get my hand in front of the camera which I didn't spot at first..so took that out.. Also added an end scene just to close it off in a similar way as the opening scene.. And the biggest change is the sound..I added less echo as it felt like a chiche to have echo in an empty space..my intention was not to make the space look scarry, and I think that the sound in the first vide had that effect a bit. The sound on the second edit is a lot stiller...It sounds like silence in a way; it is better than having the film silent because it acknowledges the stillness of the sound, and reinforces the feeling of the space. I am happy with the reythm of the film, the lenght of the shots...the longer shots are the ones that have some action in them, so they need more time to be analyzed as the action might take away, but also add to it...for exaple the second scene, my favourite, starts quite still, then a lot of poeple go by in different areas of the space, which helps the viewer notice the scale of it, and then it goes still again so it can be analysed again on its own. It works so well because I used the zoom lense, and I was quite far from the scene, which made all the layers seem closer to each other and it accentuated the perspecive of the scene. I mixed day and night shots because I didn't want to seem like the film has a narrative; to me having the shots in the order day to night would give a meaning - that I am looking at the change from day to night, when actually the focus is soely the space..this is why I mixed the shots with motion, people, cars, flies, with still shots and close ups.. And here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment