Friday 11 May 2012

"Unpublished by Alex" theatre piece

This week I filmed and photographed this piece. I also produced all the videos that were used within it. It has been the biggest challenge I had when it comes to production; there were 18 videos that had to be filmed and produced in 10 different locations. For some of them Rolandos, who wrote the script, shot already in Cyprus and I had to edit them in as well. The problem with that footage was that it was shot in MTS format, so I had to use Premiere Pro to edit it, and Final Cut Pro to edit what I filmed. It was the hardest when I had to use footage that I filmed and that he gave me as the weren't compatible so I had to do a lot of exporting and importing again. I also struggled with exporting in Premiere Pro, as some of the videos only worked on MAC and he had PC so I had to go back and forth a lot. We first started shooting in Deceember 11 and we finished everything 4 days before the show! It was very stressful at times as I had tight deadlines and also other things to do alongside it (like my MA!!!) but it was a great learning experience and I can say I had my first public screening!

No comments:

Post a Comment